Size Estimator for Storage Space
Choosing the right storage unit size is easy with our convenient estimator tool. You will see animations of our most common sizes to give you an idea of how much space your belongings may need in storage units of various sizes. It's especially useful to see if the storage unit size you are considering is big enough for the things you need to store.
See what fits - select a storage unit size
Choose a typical storage unit size below and our animation will fill it up with everyday items for you. If you can't decide between two space sizes - say 5x5 or 5x10 for example - the animation will demonstrate the difference in capacity.
- 5x5 Storage Space
- A 5x5 storage space is the size of a small walk-in closet. It holds one piece of furniture with a narrow footprint, tall narrow items like lamps, and 6-8 boxes.
- 5x10 Storage Space
- A 5x10 storage space is the size of a walk-in Closet. It holds one or two large pieces of furniture and 10-15 boxes.
- 5x15 Storage Space
- A 5x15 storage space is the size of a small Bedroom. It holds furnishings for an average 500 sq. ft. residence, excluding major appliances.
- 10x10 Storage Space
- A 10x10 storage space is the size of 1 Bedroom. It holds furnishings for an average 750 sq. ft. residence, including some major appliances.
- 10x15 Storage Space
- A 10x15 storage space is the size of 2 Bedrooms. It holds furnishings for an average 1000 sq. ft. residence, including most major appliances.
- 10x20 Storage Space
- A 10x20 storage space is the size of 2-3 Bedrooms. It holds furnishings and appliances for an average 1500 sq. ft. residence. It can also hold compact vehicles depending on width and length.
- 10x30 space
- A 10x30 storage space is the size of a 2-3 bedroom home, boat, commercial trailer or most full size vehicles.