Indoor Car Storage
- Your compact or small cars can fit in traditional storage spaces measuring 15 feet deep or more with a full size garage-style door. Measure your vehicle to ensure it fits into the storage space you select!
- Your full size automobiles will require a minimum depth of 20 feet (for example, a 10x20, 10x25, or 10x30 size unit). You also need to measure the height for pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles.
- Always measure your vehicle first, accounting for any additional length or width added by side mirrors, hood ornaments, tow bars, etc.
- When searching our storage spaces, be sure to note the width of the door. Your vehicle cannot enter the space if it is wider than the storage unit door.
Outdoor Car Storage
- Choose from a variety of outdoor parking options at Life Storage to accommodate all types and sizes of vehicles.
- Outdoor parking spaces typically start at 20 feet; some Life Storage facilities offer larger spaces to store boats on trailers and recreational vehicles.
- No matter what the vehicle, it must fit into the designated area.
- Covered outdoor parking may be available to help protect your vehicle from the effects of the sun and the elements. Various lengths are available to fit different size vehicles.
10' x 15' Indoor
For compact vehicles. Must be under 15 feet in length. Measure your vehicle.
15' Outdoor Parking
For compact and some full size vehicles. Must be under 15 feet in length. Measure your vehicle.
10' x 20' Indoor
For most full size vehicles. Must be under 20 feet in length. Measure your vehicle.
20' Outdoor Parking
For all passenger vehicles and shorter trailers. Must be under 20 feet in length. Measure your vehicles.
Before you choose your space:
Measure your vehicle before selecting a storage space! Note that the vehicle you wish to store must meet the following requirements:
- Vehicle must be in running condition or on a trailer.
- You must show registration and/or title.
- In some states, vehicle storage is taxed at a different rate. The tax charges will be included and shown in the storage cost estimates.