Moving Truck Rental at Life Storage
Use our Truck or Van for Free when you Rent Storage
New storage customers at participating Life Storage locations will get their moving truck rental for free. Customers redeem your free rental within 14 days of their storage rental, and need only pay a $100 refundable deposit and an optional $19.95 Collision Damage Waiver.
Compare our Rental Rates & Fees
|Life Storage||Other Companies*|
|Damage Protection Plan (CDW)||$19.95||$20-50|
*Rates and fees vary by company and location
We can help you find a Life Storage that offers Free Truck Rental. Search for a location below and we'll show you only Life Storage locations that have this deal.
Moving Truck and Van Features
Life Storage moving trucks and moving vans are easy to drive and offer handy features to make your do-it-yourself move a snap!
- Automatic transmission and power steering make our trucks easy to drive.
- Air conditioning and heat for your comfort.
- Large cargo area lets you move up to two rooms of furniture and appliances in a single trip.
- Cargo tie-downs to secure your belongings while you drive. We also rent hand-trucks and moving blankets to assist with your move.
Life Storage carries moving trucks AND moving vans. The vehicle varies by store so be sure to check with your store about which is available. If you're not sure how big of a vehicle you need for your move, please stop by to see the cargo area of the vehicle at your local Life Storage.
Important Things to Know about Renting our Truck
We do have a few rules and requirements for renting your truck. Here are a few important things you need to know about renting our vehicles:
Gasoline/Mileage - We'll have the gas tank full when you pick it up, all we ask is that you replace what you use before returning it. We do have a refueling fee - please don't forget to fill up!
Accidents & Damage Coverage Plan - Nobody likes to think about it, but accidents do happen. If you get into an accident using our truck, you are responsible for any damage. Life Storage offers a damage coverage plan (CDW) that will cover damage to the vehicle in the event of an accident. If you have insurance that covers damages in a rental vehicle, please bring your insurance card.
Our customers need to move their belongings in and out of storage frequently, and Life Storage is one of the few storage companies with moving trucks and vans for rent. Customers and non-customers may rent our moving truck for a six hour daytime time slot or an overnight time slot. First-time storage customers will get a special discount on your truck rental on their truck rental.
Be Prepared to Provide:
- A current driver's license.
- A valid insurance card in your name. If you don't have insurance, or cannot produce an insurance card, you'll need to take our Collision Damage Coverage at a nominal additional cost.
- A deposit by credit card or cash - please contact us for details for details.