Repair and Maintenance Project Director
TypeFull Time Position
Hours Ask for Details
Corporate Benefits Click Here for more information
• Provide effective leadership to Repair & Maintenance Project Managers responsible for capital improvement projects and day-to-day repair and maintenance of all Life Storage owned and managed properties.
• Provide support to Repair and Maintenance team regarding construction and design agreements, scope of work, creating budgets, setting construction schedules, adhering to quality standards, and utilizing industry best practices.
• Balance work load and assignments of R&M Project Managers to ensure maximum production, and adherence of construction schedules and deadlines.
• Assist PMs in the resolution of complex construction and technical issues.
• Work directly with Property Service Manager to coordinate work activities between home office team members and R&M Project Managers
• Interface with Regional Vice Presidents to coordinate R&M activities and to meet property maintenance objectives of store operations.
• Meet with each RVP bi-monthly to provide construction department updates and address any operational concerns.
• To provide field training and on boarding of new PMs.
• Work with the Property Service Manager on large initiatives focusing on new strategies and protocols that improve productivity and efficiency at a department level.
• Implement and manage a quality assurance program for Repair and Maintenance services.
• Conduct monthly meetings with Project Managers and meet with Project Managers in their respective regions as necessary.
• Attend internal coordination meetings with construction management home staff and other departments.
• Collaborate on companywide initiatives and the enhance policies and procedures that enable PMs to execute quality work on time and on budget.
• Review all bids over 50K to ensure that scope is properly identified, bids are reasonable, competitive and that proper bidding technics where utilized.
• Coordinate Due Diligence assignments when multiple property locations require multiple PMs to complete property assessments.
• Review of property evaluations performed in Due Diligence process.
• Coordinate construction management and activities during natural disaster response (hurricanes, floods, blizzards).
• Provide effective leadership in accordance with Life Storage’s Core Values, and by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism, integrity, trust, and respect for all employees of Life Storage.
• Education: Associates Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
•Experience: 10 years commercial construction or related experience